A notebook of ideas

On the weekend, I went to the Bowerbird Bazaar Adelaide Design Market.  I was so thrilled to see something new and something different than we normally see in the other markets in Adelaide.  I started to become a market and garage sale fan.  It's like a treasure hunt and you never know what you will find.

In the Bowerbird Bazaar, there are many interstate traders with amazing designs and quality work on display.  Some even come from Tasmania.  I feel so privileged to be talking to the traders and see what they are offering. There is this Melbourne group Rebound Books showcasing rebound books.  It's my first time seeing vintage book covers rebound on notebooks and diaries.  I am used to the idea of decorating plain notebooks.  I never thought that covering the notebooks with vintage bookcovers would be so charming.  

I recently inherited 2 boxes of old Better Homes and Gardens magazines.  Some of them are back in 1994.  Inspired by the market visit, I touched up my "idea" book with my not-so-vintage magazine covers.  I loved it so much that I want to make a few more as gifts or even to sell.  Now, this notebook reminded me that I used to cover my textbooks with beautiful flyers of concerts or exhibitions in my middle school time.  I still remember one of the flyer was an ice-cream cone of 3 scoops of ice-cream in pink, yellow and green for a summer concert of the orchestra.  It was a gorgeous poster.

Front:
 Back:


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails