I bought 1 metre of this fleece of a really cute elephant pattern thinking that it would be enough since it's 150cm wide. After I drafted the pattern from her purple robe, I realised that I didn't have enough material to make the whole gown with this fabric. So, I cut as much as I could except the sleeves which I was thinking I might just use some other colours if thing went wrong. When I finally got to Spotlight which is 2 to 3 months after I bought the fabric, all these fleece materials are gone. That's why the blue came into place. I am so glad that it turned out really well.
I really love this robe as it looked really good, it was very warm and Ellie now wears it every day. It was very easy to make. I used a lot of zigzag stitches instead of straight stitches to give it a more professional finish. The only problem is that I only managed to make it bigger but not longer. :(
Well, it took 1 hour to copy and draft the pattern. Another hour to cut the fabric since I kept fiddling with the paper pattern to see how I could fit everything on the fabric. And then another 2 hours of sewing. You can imagine that I finished everything in 4 nights which is very unusual. ;) Now that I have the pattern, I can always make another one which is loooooooooonger.